gnu linux update question

mike cloaked mike.cloaked at gmail.com
Tue Jun 28 18:46:45 UTC 2011

On Tue, Jun 28, 2011 at 6:49 PM, Genes MailLists <lists at sapience.com> wrote:

>> After updating, I always run needs-restarting to see what running
>> processes are affected. I'm surprised more people don't seem to know
>> about this program.
>>

>  Does this work as regular user for you? For me -  selinux makes it crash.

Right now nothing needs restarting as normal user for me - however running
$ needs-restarting -u
$ needs-restarting
$ needs-restarting -h
$ Usage:
    needs-restarting: Report a list of process ids of programs that started
                    running before they or some component they use were updated.

  -h, --help      show this help message and exit
  -u, --useronly  show processes for my userid only
$

So no selinux problems for me - this is in f14 32 bit.

Or does it cause problems if there is a process that needs restarting?

--
mike c