F15 fails to suspend/hibernate on Thinkpad W510+

Darryl L. Pierce dpierce at redhat.com
Wed Jun 29 15:13:16 UTC 2011

On Tue, Jun 28, 2011 at 04:27:51PM -0400, Bill Davidsen wrote:
> One of the things I don't understand about the Fedora political (religious?)
> practice is forcing GNOME3 into a release when the drivers a large portion of
> users need for proper operation are not included and can't be. Actually, with
> stock drivers mine all suspend perfectly, it's that "resume" things that doesn't
> work. :-(

I wonder if that's not my case as well: going into hibernate mode seems
to work fine, but restarting comes up with a new login prompt. I didn't
check to see if it still had me listed as logged in already or not. But
very odd that the video driver would affect the authenticated session.

Delivering value year after year.
http://www.redhat.com/promo/vendor/