Google Chrome browser and Kwallet

John Aldrich jmaldrich at yahoo.com
Thu Jun 30 10:16:44 UTC 2011

On Thu June 30 2011, Patrick O'Callaghan wrote:

> $ google-chrome --help
>
> [...]
>
> --password-store=<basic|gnome|kwallet>
>               Set the password store to use.  The default is to
> automatically detect based  on  the  desktop  environment.   basic
> selects  the  built  in,  unencrypted  password store.  gnome selects
> Gnome keyring.  kwallet selects (KDE) KWallet. (Note that KWallet may
> not work reliably outside KDE.)
>
> Maybe the autodetection is buggy. I know that on one installation I get
> the nagging KDE Wallet window all the time (even when revisiting a page
> I've been on before in the same session), while on the other I never see
> it. Both are using KDE.

Had a similar problem with Chrome just pop up out of the blue. I changed
the web browser in systemsettings from "google chrome" to "google-chrome --
password-store=kwallet" and ran like that for a couple days, then gave up
and removed the "--passwordstore=..." bit and voila! I am now no longer
propmted for my KWallet password. :D