Fedora 14 - can't change pointer theme

Neil Bird neil at fnxweb.com
Tue Mar 1 08:26:53 UTC 2011

Around about 28/02/11 16:03, mike cloaked typed ...
> Well I have done this on 7 machines and no problems changing it in the
> settings menu under gnome - if you are using KDE that may behave
> differently of course.

   I think it may be something to do with my running openbox.  If I kill
openbox ans run metacity, the theme selector changes the mouse pointer
properly.  When I go back to openbox, it reverts to dmz-aa.

   I wonder if GNOME have pushed the 'change-pointer' functionality down
into the window manager?  It would seem an odd thing to do, but then so are
a lot of GNOME-shell's ideas.

   I shall ask on the openbox list.

--
[neil at fnx ~]# rm -f .signature