Going from Broadcom's sources to wireless card to WPA network

Suresh Govindachar sgovindachar at yahoo.com
Fri Mar 4 17:57:18 UTC 2011

  Todd Zullinger wrote:
  >stan wrote:
  >>> yum install development-group development-libs
  >>
  >> I realized I made an error in this command.  It should be
  >>
  >> yum groupinstall development-tools development-libs
  >
  > As a slight tangent, you can use install with groups, you
  > just need to prefix them with the @ symbol, e.g.:
  >
  >     yum install @development-group @development-libs
  >
  > (Or for the lazy bash types: yum install @development-{group,lib} ;)

  Turns out yum installs the latest version of things it is
  asked to install -- and this can be an issue when installing
  kernel-headers and kernel-devel for the purpose of building
  kernel modules.  Even if yum install of kernel stuff is done
  on the machine on which the to-be-built kernel module will be
  deployed, the kernel stuff installed by yum might not match
  (might be newer than) the kernel of the calling machine!