help.. my fedora hung up and I cant login

Triadi Krisnawan retride_01 at hotmail.com
Sat Mar 5 04:09:22 UTC 2011

Dear Experts,

Please help me with my problem, I really new with linux.
I was trying to setup the resolution setting for the monitor.

I follow some tips that I got from the web about modifying xorg.conf file.
I tried to added some entries under "Screen" part. I've added Modes "1280x1024_60" it didnt change anything after I rebooted.
I then added another entries under "Monitor" part. I've added Modeline "1280x1024_60" and under Option I added "PreferredMode" "1280x1024_60"

But after I reboot the machine, the boot process hung up. It only goes up to the fedora logo then stop and nothing happened. I tried to wait but nothing was happen.
I was wondering how can I stop the boot process go to root directory and set back the original xorg.conf file. I made a back up already of this file and renamed it as xorg.conf_original.

I dont understand when I went to GRUB window. It said I am in minimal BASH like and the command is very limited unlike a normal unix command.

Can somebody help me to restore my xorg.conf file back so the system can boot up properly please?
Really need help.

Thanks,
Triadi