help.. my fedora hung up and I cant login

Abu Attar Musharih abuattar.musharih at gmail.com
Sat Mar 5 05:08:16 UTC 2011

On Sat, Mar 5, 2011 at 1:56 PM, Triadi Krisnawan <retride_01 at hotmail.com> wrote:
> Hi AA,
>
> Thanks for the info. I will try that. I am guessing is using runlevel 5 as
> default as well.
> I read in some article that we can try to fix this by going into single user
> mode.

Yes, this was exactly I mean. Press CTRL+AlT+F2
This will bring you to the single user mode then you log in.

If F2 does not work, try with another F (1, 2, etc) until the single
mode user appears.
After login,  place (copy) back the file so you have the original one.
You can call the xwindows after that by command line 'xstart'
If it does not work,  reboot by shutting down after login as root

> su
> shutdowh -h now

> How can I go to this mode and once I am on it, can I perform a normal linux
> command such as cd, cp or even rm?

yep, exactly.

Regards,
AA