How to fix no color in Firefox watching Youtube Video

Manuel Escudero Jmlevick at gmail.com
Sun Mar 6 03:06:27 UTC 2011

2011/3/5 Joe Zeff <joe at zeff.us>

> On 03/05/2011 01:40 PM, antonio montagnani wrote:
> > As probably the settings button is greyed, please visit this site
> > http://www.youtube.com/swf_test.html
>
> My sister uses Ubuntu and has recently been having trouble with Flash
> not working from youtube.  Their forum has just pointed her to the exact
> same place.  I'd suggest that everybody save this for future refrence.
> --

Well I've got a workaround to fix this, let me help you:

Let's do something quick, for example:

1) Go Here: http://www.youtube.com/user/YouTubeHelp#p/u

2) Right Click on the big video showing at the left, go to "Configuration"
and then uncheck (deactivate) "Hardware acceleration"

3) Click "close" and Go to the video/videos where you're having trouble,
refresh the page and the video should display correctly.

No matter if you clear your browser's data, all the videos from now will
display correctly.

Let's wait for a Flash Player update in order to get hardware acceleration
working properly...

--
<-Manuel Escudero->
Linux User #509052
@GWave: jmlevick at googlewave.com
@Blogger: http://www.blogxenode.tk/ (Xenode Systems Blog)
PGP/GnuPG: DAE3 82E9 D68E 7AE4 ED31  1F8F 4AF4 D00C 50E7 ABC6