Any Fedora that would run SANE/SSHD on an ancient 486sx with 8MB RAM?

Fernando Cassia fcassia at gmail.com
Tue Mar 8 13:49:28 UTC 2011

On Tue, Mar 8, 2011 at 8:48 AM, Ralf Corsepius <rc040203 at freenet.de> wrote:
> Short answer: No.

Mmmm now that I think of it, ... I will install and use 32bit OS/2
Warp 3.0... It ran OK on 4MB RAM systems. In fact, that same laptop
ran OS/2 2.1 -the previous version, with 8MB RAM as minimum suggested
memory- although sluggisly with a lot of swapping if you attempted to
run more than one ram-hungry app.

And there's a port of SANE for it, too...
http://www.fbakan.de/sane-os2.htm

[Just pasting the URL above in case it gets indexed by the search
engines and it helps someone else with the same needs]

Thanks everyone for their replies.
FC