Any arguments for keeping Yum case-sensitive?

Fernando Cassia fcassia at gmail.com
Tue Mar 8 13:53:04 UTC 2011

On Tue, Mar 8, 2011 at 10:44 AM, Tom Horsley <horsley1953 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Yep, and when you decide you named it wrong and try to
> rename a_bottle_of_coke.txt to A_Bottle_of_Coke.txt it
> whines at you and says the names are the same and won't
> let you do the rename.

No, it does the renaming just fine. Case sensitiveness if for file
creation or renames. File reads are case-insensitive.

Pretty clever, if you ask me. The user, not dogma, is first.

FC
PS: The only time a file creation is denied is if there's an existing
one with the same name (case insensitive). But renames to change
capitalization works just fine.