Printing from WinXP machine to a F14 machine.

Aaron Konstam akonstam at sbcglobal.net
Thu Mar 10 22:12:43 UTC 2011

On Thu, 2011-03-10 at 17:03 -0500, Tom Horsley wrote:
> On Thu, 10 Mar 2011 15:52:08 -0600
> Aaron Konstam wrote:
>
> > In the XP documentation you are supposed to able to browse for printers
> > in the add printer GUI but none is found by my XP.
>
> I've never seen browsing IPP work, but if I explicitly add an IPP printer
> I happen to know exists on the network, I can print from XP fine to
> my fedora box (where the printer is attached).
I have tried that and it has not worked. Could you desctibe exactly how
you did that. Which option in the Add Printer GUI did you use and what
did you type there:
I have tried: ipp://hostname/printer/<printer queue name>
and that did not work..

Having nothing, nothing can he lose. -- William Shakespeare, "Henry VI"
Aaron Konstam telephone: (210) 656-0355 e-mail: akonstam at sbcglobal.net