lp versus enscript

Robert Moskowitz rgm at htt-consult.com
Wed Mar 16 15:57:51 UTC 2011

I needed to print and Internet Draft 2 sided and two up.  My colleague
suggested lpr, but that does not have enough options, but I figured out
how to use lp:

lp -d HP-Officejet-8500 -o sides=two-sided-short-edge -o number-up=2
RFC5201-bis.txt

But then he came back and said enscript is better and to use

enscript  -2r -PHP-Officejet-8500 RFC5201-bis.txt

enscript does not come installed with F14; so I would have to install
it.  I did a search for an online man page...

This does not seem to provide 2 sided.  According to the man page it
looks like I need to add

-DDuplex:true

So in what way is enscript better than lp?  What neato things do I gain
by using it?