[OT Humor] "Obviously designed by morons"

JB jb.1234abcd at gmail.com
Sat Mar 19 15:47:50 UTC 2011

Fernando Cassia <fcassia <at> gmail.com> writes:

> On Sat, Mar 19, 2011 at 9:05 AM, JB <jb.1234abcd <at> gmail.com> wrote:
> > So, I am wondering if Fedora takes into consideration providing GNOME 2 as
> > well (in parallel) with F15 and for some time beyond ?
>
> As a former os2 user I ran the same desktop interface with a frozen
> API for almost a decade... software still gets written for it,
> still...

Keep in mind that OS2 was and still is a commercial OS and desktop environment,
with commercial clients base, where money can be made just by maintaining it.

Free and open software is a different pair of shoes. Devs and their apps can pop
up suddenly, even enjoy popularity for some time, then may be dropped and left
unmaintained suddenly as well, without any body else jumping in to continue.
It is a much more tricky environment.

JB