[OT Humor] "Obviously designed by morons"

Ralf Corsepius rc040203 at freenet.de
Mon Mar 21 16:37:56 UTC 2011

On 03/21/2011 04:15 PM, James McKenzie wrote:
> On 3/21/11, Ralf Corsepius<rc040203 at freenet.de>  wrote:
>> On 03/21/2011 11:34 AM, Andrew Haley wrote:

>>> I can see the logic in that, but it's a shame.  If everyone who wants
>>> a bit of user interface stability jumps ship there will be no brakes
>>> on the Gnome developers at all: they'll just carry on deleting user-
>>> configurability and adding kewl new features.
>> Isn't this what the people who are promoting Gnome 3 in Fedora intend?
>
> I don't think that is the intent.

Well, it's what they have done, IMNSHO.

> Never mind they
> brought this upon themselves, Linux sucks and that is their mantra.
> Yes, those of us that know better will have to suffer.

* Try to open 2 side-by-side terminals on Fedora 15's Gnome 3:
I haven't managed to do so, yet.

* Measure the way your mouse will have to travel until you open an
application.
Was a couple of mm's with Gnome 2 and menus, it now is an oddissey over
a series of window panes.

My feel is Gnome 3 might be suitable for usage on smartphones, but not
as a DE.

Ralf