[OT Humor] "Obviously designed by morons"

Joe Zeff joe at zeff.us
Tue Mar 22 14:31:44 UTC 2011

On 03/22/2011 05:55 AM, Tim wrote:
> If software authors weren't so arrogant that they reckon they
> know more than someone else, they wouldn't be writing their program in
> the first place...  ;-)

The problem I'm commenting about is the Gnome dev's apparent attitude
that complaints from users can be ignored because their opinions are *by
definition* not worth listening to.  A good software author listens to
the users and is willing to make changes to the UI if enough of them say
it's hard to use.  From what I can see, even if 100% of all comments
about a particular feature were negative the Gnome devs would refuse to
change it because *they know better.*