[OT Humor] "Obviously designed by morons"

Joe Zeff joe at zeff.us
Tue Mar 22 15:54:54 UTC 2011

On 03/22/2011 08:13 AM, Alan Evans wrote:
> And you seem to be missing the point that some others are talking
> about. Some admin tasks are performed by some admins extremely
> frequently.

Yes.  On production boxes where the rules and protocols are different.
I'm talking about *home boxes* where the user is the admin is the owner
of the box and, presumably, set it up themself.  Apples and oranges,
Alan, apples and oranges.  The point that sysadmins are often *required
by their bosses* to use sudo was well made and I've been careful to keep
it in mind ever since it was pointed out to me.