LXDM themes?

Christoph Wickert christoph.wickert at googlemail.com
Tue Mar 22 18:00:22 UTC 2011

Am Dienstag, den 22.03.2011, 10:42 -0600 schrieb Jake Peavy:
> hey all,
>
> I recently installed the LXDE spin of F14 and the login screen is
> hideous.  I've done a bunch of Googling but haven't found much
> constructive on other themes other than Industrial.
>
> I don't know much about LXDM, can someone point me in the right
> direction?  I just want a very basic login screen, with no bubble
> writing and a solid background, although I do like being able to
> choose username from the list.

I am not aware of any LXDM themes other than Industrial and the one that
Ubuntu ships. I am thinking about to do a Fedora one for F-15.

Theming LXDM is pretty easy. You can set the wallpaper
in /etc/lxdm.conf. The themes itself are glade files, you can edit them
with glade3.Take /usr/share/lxdm/themes/Industrial/greeter.ui as a
starting point.

Regards,
Christoph