Libreoffice calculation [OT]

Genes MailLists lists at sapience.com
Wed Mar 23 00:17:01 UTC 2011

On 03/22/2011 07:08 PM, les wrote:

> Typically I just do the calculations on a background sheet, and only
> show the top sheet.

  I thought the OP knew all this - and was mentioning an excel shortcut
'trick' which allows you to enter a number (or a bunch) and multiply it
(them) by the same number  - no idea if this works in librpoffice

 in excel it goes something like this:

1) Put number you want to multiply a column with in cell somewhere

2) Select the cell and Edit -> Copy (or right click - copy) or Ctrl C
copy it

3) Select the number(s) you want to multiply by above number

4) edit-paste special - select values - select multiply - OK

This will multiply all the secondly selected numbers by the first cell
you copied and keeps the resulting value(s).

 You can delete the number from (1) after - it is no longer needed.

 Its not a formula .. its a shortcut for multiplying a bunch of numbers
all by the same multiplier.