Need help with rpmbuild

Chris Smart mail at christophersmart.com
Thu Mar 24 01:35:28 UTC 2011

On Thu, Mar 24, 2011 at 12:00 PM, Steve Blackwell <zephod at cfl.rr.com> wrote:
> Specifically the install section. I'm not understanding how the
> %install section works with the %files section.
> I hope this is not considered OT.

AFAIK, the %install section is what you're actually copying as the
contents of your package. You copy it from the location you extracted
the source %{_buildroot} into a temporary location %{builddir}.

The %files section tells the package manager what files belong to that
package, so everything that you put into the file %{builddir} should
also go into this list. This is important so that the package manager
knows how to manage the files.

-c