mplayer probleme on F14

Michael Schwendt mschwendt at gmail.com
Thu Mar 24 13:24:16 UTC 2011

On Thu, 24 Mar 2011 11:09:51 +0100, Athmane wrote:

> On 03/24/2011 10:59 AM, Adel ESSAFI wrote:
> > Hi list
> >
> > I think that there is a repository problem on F14. mplayer could not be
> > lunched correctly although it was istalled with yum
> >
> > [adel at localhost deveuropar]$ !mpla
> > mplayer -playlist mms://stream1.tanitweb.com/rtci
> > <http://stream1.tanitweb.com/rtci>
> > mplayer: error while loading shared libraries: libglut.so.3: cannot open
> > shared object file: No such file or directory
> >

> yum install freeglut

While this may be enough, please be so kind and don't just work around
the problem, but examine it further and report it to the mplayer packagers.

It may be just a missing dependency for a library that is dlopen'ed at
run-time (and hence it would not become an automatic RPM dependency).
On i686, here mplayer does not depend on that library or the freeglut
package:

$ repoquery --whatrequires libglut.so.3|grep mplayer
$ repoquery --alldeps --whatrequires freeglut|grep mplayer
$