Thunderbird tree grouping mode

Steven Stern subscribed-lists at sterndata.com
Sat Mar 26 14:26:35 UTC 2011

On 03/25/2011 10:34 AM, Marco Maccaferri wrote:
> Hi.
>
> I have recently installed thunderbird 3.1.9 from Remi repository on
> Fedora 10 x86/64. It is configured to group discussions as a tree, it
> works but sometimes it display a discussion collapsed (only one row in
> the message list) and there is no way to expand it. Click on it displays
> a summary of all messages, clicking on the arrow does nothing. Clicking
> anywhere on the summary does nothing. In short there is no way to see
> the actual messages.
>
> When the discussion is expanded, as it should be, the tree arrow works
> as expected, collapsing and expanding the tree correctly.
>
> Please forgive me if this isn't the more appropriate mailing list to
> post this message to, but I'm not sure what is the cause. It is a
> thunderbird issue ? It is something on this Remi release ? More
> important, is there a fix or workaround ?
>
> Regards,
> Marco

When the tree view gets munged, it may mean that the index for that
folder is compromised (i.e., fubar'd).  To solve it you can either right
click on the folder, select Properties, then click "rebuild index" or,
with Thunderbird closed, find the right directory under ~/.thunderbird
and delete the .msf file associated with that folder.

--
-- Steve