Virtual Box & Windows -

Bob Goodwin bobgoodwin at wildblue.net
Mon Mar 28 21:59:20 UTC 2011

On 28/03/11 10:47, Carroll Grigsby wrote:

> Bob:
> Pretty much all about Grub:
> http://www.dedoimedo.com/computers/grub.html
>
> A minor point: Fedora's configuration file for grub is grub.conf rather
> that menu.lst, menu.lst is a link to grub.conf.
>
> Also, this document does *not* apply to Grub2, but since Fedora uses the
> old Grub 0.97 so you're good to go. For a while.
>
> -- cmg

        Yes, an interesting article, answers a few questions I had.

        They suggest "find" to see which drives contain what system. It
        doesn't provide anything useful here?

            [bobg at box9 ~]$ find /boot/grub/stage1
            /boot/grub/stage1

        I expected to see some data listed as below? This computer has
        both F-14 and Windows.

            "Example:

            Let's say the computer has the following operating systems
            installed on different partitions:

                * SUSE on (hd0,1)
                * Kubuntu on (hd0,2)
                * Mandriva on (hd0,4)

            All these will be returned as potential roots for GRUB
            device (as each OS has its own files)."

        I will save it. The examples are always good. I am forever
        looking for examples.

        Thank you.

        Bob