Problems after upgrading to F14

JB jb.1234abcd at gmail.com
Tue Mar 29 23:29:26 UTC 2011

JD <jd1008 <at> gmail.com> writes:

> I did that. I did update a lot of fc13 packages to fc14.
> But it still chocked on the dependencies that had other
> packages depending on the very dependencies it tries
> to update.
> Yum simply does not seem to be able to handle this chain
> of dependencies scenario.
> I consider it broken!

I would execute this:
# yum distro-sync

and post the full output (dependencies conflict, etc) to the list.

It would be interesting to see what yum can not handle.
Perhaps there is something unusual we will be able to identify (before you
decide what to do next: file a Bugzilla report, etc).

Also, I would double check the plugins with regard to packages update
protections and their configurations.
Or any exclusions, etc in your main yum config file.

JB