Gnome Shell not working after PreUpgrade

Stewart Williams stewartwilliams at gmx.com
Mon May 2 12:56:01 UTC 2011

Hi All,

I have just done my first PreUpgrade from F12 to F14. The upgrade was
successful apart from gnome-shell no longer works, which I was happily
using on F12.

I get this error:

(mutter:2804): mutter-WARNING **: Could not load library
[/usr/lib64/mutter/plugins/libgnome-shell.so
(/usr/lib64/libgtk-x11-3.0.so.0: undefined symbol:
g_application_add_action)]

$ rpm -qa kernel mutter compiz kmod-nvidia gnome-shell
gnome-shell-2.31.5-7.fc14.x86_64
kmod-nvidia-260.19.36-1.fc14.3.x86_64
mutter-2.31.5-3.fc14.x86_64
compiz-0.8.6-6.fc14.x86_64
kernel-2.6.35.12-90.fc14.x86_64

Compiz and mutter (on it's own) work fine and the binary nvidia driver
is loading OK.

Does anyone have any idea's or should I file in Bugzilla?