F14 NFS client gets wrong ownership IDs on NFS mounted partition

Mark Eackloff meackloff at cox.net
Tue May 3 21:10:27 UTC 2011

Just upgraded to F14.  Small home network environment.  As before my upgrade from F13, my /home directory is an NFS mounted partition exported from my F13 (not yet upgraded) server.  Nothing changed on the server.  Where all my imported /home files on the client had the correct ownership before the upgrade, they now all show a UID and GID of 99 (nobody) on the client.  This is obviously rendering filess nearly useless.

Authentication is through NIS.  "ypcat passwd" yields expected listing with all imported user IDs with the expected UIDs and GIDs (all above 499).

--
PGP key available