F14 NFS client gets wrong ownership IDs on NFS mounted partition

Ed Greshko Ed.Greshko at greshko.com
Wed May 4 01:37:53 UTC 2011

On 05/04/2011 09:27 AM, Mark Eackloff wrote:
> Tried it but no banana.  Same result.  The comments in that file say that the default is the host's DNS name, which is what I was using, against popular advice, for my NISDOMAIN.

What you said is a bit unclear...so just want to make sure....

You said...  "host's DNS name".  To me that could mean "fully qualified
domain name".  But, that isn't what it needs/wants.  It wants only the
"domain" part.

So, if your host names are aaa.foo.com and bbb.foo.com the entry in the
file is foo.com

--
love, n.: When it's growing, you don't mind watering it with a few
tears. 葛斯克 愛德華 / 台北市八德路四段