F14 NFS client gets wrong ownership IDs on NFS mounted partition

Frank Elsner frank at moltke28.B.Shuttle.DE
Wed May 4 07:12:30 UTC 2011

On Tue, 03 May 2011 17:10:27 -0400 Mark Eackloff wrote:
> Just upgraded to F14.  Small home network environment.  As before my upgrade from F13, my /home directory is an NFS mounted partition exported from my F13 (not yet upgraded) server.  Nothing changed on the server.  Where all my imported /home files on the client had the correct ownership before the upgrade, they now all show a UID and GID of 99 (nobody) on the client.  This is obviously rendering filess nearly useless.
>
> Authentication is through NIS.  "ypcat passwd" yields expected listing with all imported user IDs with the expected UIDs and GIDs (all above 499).

I guess this an NFS version problem which I had also.

Add "nfsvers=3" to your mount options and retry.

For me, I hat to add the option to my automounter files, YMMV.

--Frank Elsner