Firefox 4 ?

Konstantin Svist fry.kun at gmail.com
Wed May 4 19:38:26 UTC 2011

On 05/04/2011 11:52 AM, Daniel B. Thurman wrote:
> Did anyone figure out how to make the refresh&
> Bookmark-v icons appear permanently, instead of
> disappearing or hiding underneath the URL?  I tried
> everything I could and both of these icons wants to
> hide itself once customization was completed by
> pressing "Done".  I even created a new toolbar,
> moved these icons therein, and that does not work either.
>
> Another one of these 'smart' moves ends up confusing
> the heck out of users...

The Stop & Refresh buttons are "magic" in that they merge if Stop is
placed right behind Reload. Also, if Reload is placed right after the
location bar, they both will collapse INTO the location bar and merge
with the Go button.
To prevent both behaviors, just swap the positions of Stop and Reload
and they shouldn't hide anymore. Or add a separator -- it should do the
same thing.
Not sure about bookmarks button; I prefer to use the bookmark toolbar