failure to auto-configure eth1 with ipv6 address

Sam Varshavchik mrsam at courier-mta.com
Thu May 5 23:12:13 UTC 2011

Randy Wyatt writes:

> « HTML content follows »
> I am running Fedora 14 which is connecting to a Cisco 881 router.
>
> eth1 is the connection to the Cisco router, and eth0 will be connected to an
> internal switch with other clients.
>
> I have notices that net.ipv6.conf.eth1.accept_ra is defaulted to 0.  I
> manually set that value to 1 using sysctl -w
>
> net.ipv6.conf.eth1.forwarding = 1 again set manually to 1.
>

> /etc/sysconfig/networking has NETWORKING_IPV6=yes
>
> How do I get Fedora14 to auto-configure the eth1 interface?

Run system-config-network ( System → Administration → Network ) and pull up
your interface. If you're not running X, system-config-network-tui should do
the job.

That's always a good first step, at least. It'll set up
/etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifcfg-[interface] which is where initscripts
look to set up the network interfaces at boot.