Ubuntu Smooth Fonts on Fedora

Israel Lopes dos Santos israellsantos at gmail.com
Fri May 6 14:14:39 UTC 2011

I believe that Ubuntu has patched some libs to tweak the font rendering.

In the Arch Linux i've found packages with patches from Ubuntu:

freetype2-ubuntu fontconfig-ubuntu libxft-ubuntu cairo-ubuntu

There is a way to convert the equivalent ubuntu packages to fedora or
compile the fedora libs with the ubuntu patches and generates a rpm package?

On Fri, May 6, 2011 at 6:44 AM, Christopher Svanefalk <
christopher.svanefalk at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 05/06/2011 11:34 AM, Paul Flo Williams wrote:
> > Christopher Svanefalk wrote:
> >> How does one go about enabling sub-pixel AA? Or is it a property of the
> >> fonts themselves? I am running F14.
> > On XFCE, I select Preferences -> Appearance and change properties in
> > the Fonts tab.
> >
> I am using Gnome (2) though, but it seems the procedure is almost
> identical. Thanks!
> --

Israel Lopes dos Santos

DBA Oracle

"Todas as coisas cooperam para o bem daqueles que amam a Deus." Rm 8.28