compat-wireless repo anywhere?

Tom Horsley horsley1953 at gmail.com
Sat May 7 00:40:47 UTC 2011

In the saga of my quest to get a cheap USB wi-fi dongle
to work as an access point, I was eventually led to the
compat-wireless code:

http://wireless.kernel.org/en/users/Download

I'm just curious if anyone out there has a fedora repo
for this stuff so I wouldn't have to build from source.
I suspect the answer is no, because it would sure be
a lot of work to keep up with all the snapshots
and deal with build errors, but I thought I'd ask
just in case :-).

The prospect of making my dongle work does seem
to be looking up. I suspect by the time fedora 16
is using a 2.6.39 or greater kernel, it may just
function out of the box. Full story at:

http://home.comcast.net/~tomhorsley/hardware/rtl8192cu/rtl8192cu.html

Eventually maybe I can have a portable hot spot.
A bootable live USB stick with the wi-fi drivers,
and the USB dongle itself. Turn any public
computer with a wired internet connection into
a wi-fi hot spot by rebooting with the live USB
and plugging in the wi-fi dongle (now if only
I could get a wi-fi dongle that also had
a 4 gig flash drive, I'd really be set :-).