Wallet mysteries

Bill Davidsen davidsen at tmr.com
Sat May 7 20:32:55 UTC 2011

Timothy Murphy wrote:
> Is there a one-page explanation of wallet
> (actually I am using KDE Wallet) anywhere?
>
> On one laptop I have to give my wallet password
> everytime I go to my news account at news.eternal-september.org ;
> on my other laptop I am not asked for this.
>
> What is the explanation?
> And how can I stop this request being made?

I suspect that one the one which doesn't ask at all you don't have a password. I
wouldn't be happy with that, but I am security conscious in the extreme.

You could also run Seamonkey which will ask you once and only once, and which
has a built-in password and forms management system. Handles mail, NNTP, RSS,
etc. Will even track twitter feeds if you want. Yes, that's a plug, I love the
browser, mail, HTML editor and chat all in one place.

--
Bill Davidsen <davidsen at tmr.com>