Fedora14 is filling up my HDD without a reason

Tim ignored_mailbox at yahoo.com.au
Mon May 9 06:16:45 UTC 2011

On Sun, 2011-05-08 at 19:18 +0900, Joel Rees wrote:
> I do have something against web applets that gratuitously access your
> file system. Recommend against that, as a matter of policy and
> principle. It's the kind of security slippery-slope that Microsoft so
> blithely rides their software down. (Java, especially the web browser
> plugin, really should have default policies to block such behavior.)

I dislike them, too.  It's somewhat of a risk to trust some application
to trawl through your drive, but it's an even bigger risk to let some
remote application do that.

Java is supposed to be sandboxed, as part of the "protect your computer"
security mindset.  But I begin to doubt whether any browser actually
does that.

--
[tim at localhost ~]$ uname -r
2.6.27.25-78.2.56.fc9.i686