wallpaper sync for workspaces?

BeartoothHOS beartooth at comcast.net
Tue May 10 15:16:36 UTC 2011

	Till very recently, I've always used a single desktop background,
varying from PC to PC and keeping all windows less than full-screen (if
only a little less). That was a convenient way to keep track of which
machine I might be KVM-switched to.

	Then I decided to try wallpapoz, with a different background for
each workspace; I like that, too.

	But it gets confusing. I'd like to do two things.

	First, I would have a standard set of backgrounds, with for
instance a shot of the Appalachian Trail in spring on workspace #1 of all
machines. Is there an easy way to do that much? Copy .wallpapoz over the
LAN to each machine??

	But then I'd need to differentiate again -- say, for instance, by
putting a blaze orange "1" in the bottom left corner of all 16 workspaces
on machine #1, a "2" on #2, and so forth. Is there an easier way to do
such a thing than by opening all 16 backgrounds in the GIMP?

	Finally, if the Gnome developers persist in not letting us have a
standard set of dedicated workspaces, alike in all sessions on all
machines, is there a way to do the like in KDE?? It does seem to have
something like a workspace switcher, which is better than none.