pings with noise

Ted Roche tedroche at gmail.com
Tue May 10 21:29:33 UTC 2011

On Tue, May 10, 2011 at 5:04 PM, Aaron Konstam <akonstam at sbcglobal.net> wrote:

> That is the firwst thisng I lookesw at. Alert vollume is not muted nor
> is it zero. I also checked enable window and button sounds.
>
> But the sounds in ping do not happen. Any other ideas?
> --

It may be that you have the (sometimes annoying) system sound turned
off. In Gnome, you can navigate to:

System, Preferences, Sound.

Verify the Output volume at the top is not zero and the mute checkbox
isn't checked.

Confirm you have a Sound Theme selected. Click on the options in the
"Choose an alert sound" and confirm you hear the sounds (bark, drip,
glass, or whatever your theme has).

"Works for me."

--
Ted Roche