Best FOSS alternative for skype?

Roger arelem at bigpond.com
Tue May 10 15:42:35 UTC 2011

On Tue, 2011-05-10 at 15:49 -0700, JD wrote:
> On 05/10/11 15:32, Konstantinos Karantias wrote:
> > Am I the only believing that they will just make the development for
> > Linux slower and will not cease it at all? I don't think they are that
> > bad.
> >
> > If they did such a thing, Skype would lose its Linux users. And, AFAIK
> > they're some.

Funny how no one is mentioning the massive database of names, addresses,
call records and user preferences, etc, etc,etc  MS are purchasing.
Wouldn't this be worth more than user likes or dislikes.
Remember nothing in life is free it all has some strings attached and I
believe user tracking is usually attached to most "free" internet
things.

The only problem with Ekiga and similar solutions is that everyone you
know also has to install it and most skype users won't change.
Roger