Keep a file in memory an any cost

Tim ignored_mailbox at yahoo.com.au
Wed May 11 19:19:29 UTC 2011

On Wed, 2011-05-11 at 20:19 +0200, Alain Spineux wrote:
> How can I keep it in memory all the time ?

"At any cost..."  Is lots more RAM out of the question?

Alternatively, I'd expect a programmer to ask whether there's a better
way of indexing.  My real programming days are long ago, though.  Not
software on an OS, but firmware hand-compiled into hand built hardware.
Large memory requirements are a bit out of my league.

Tim, off to bubble-sort the junk piling up on my desk...

--
[tim at localhost ~]$ uname -r
2.6.27.25-78.2.56.fc9.i686

read messages from the public lists.