Strange SD Card Issue

Frank Tanner III pctech at mybellybutton.com
Wed May 11 23:58:25 UTC 2011

On Tue, 2011-05-10 at 14:03 -0400, Josh Bressers wrote:
> On Mon, May 9, 2011 at 12:31 PM, Frank Tanner III
> <pctech at mybellybutton.com> wrote:
> > I am having a strange issue where when I plug in an SD or an SDHC card
> > into my laptop it gets recognized in /var/log/messages, but it refuses
> > to mount.  There seems to be some info on this issue, but it all points
> > to the user being in the AVAHI group.  I've done that and it still seems
> > to be having an issue.
> >

> Have you tried the cards in a different card reader? It's quite
> possible you have a bad reader, bad cards, or a driver bug. You should
> also probably try booting with a different kernel version (perhaps
> give it a go on an F15 live image).

I tried multiple readers.  The card reads fine.  It also reads fine if I
leave it in the camera and treat the camera as if it were a drive.  I
suspect that it is a driver issue.  Unfortunately, I can't think of a
way to test that at the moment since I don't want to reload this box
with Windows to test that theory.

> Good luck.
>
> --
>     JB