Networking problem

Genes MailLists lists at sapience.com
Sat May 14 16:34:31 UTC 2011

On 05/14/2011 10:49 AM, JD wrote:

> -A INPUT -m state --state ESTABLISHED,RELATED -j ACCEPT
> -A INPUT -p icmp -j ACCEPT
>
> And no, I cannot ssh even though on the  Fedora machine sshd is running on
> both my Fedora and the machine at 192.168.1.60

  In that case you need to publish all information - as prev poster
asked. The full network topology (intervening switches/routers etc) -
including how many physical cards and subnets are in play here - and
exactly how is x.1.60 set up - perhaps the problem is on that machine.

  Also are you pinging/ssh'ing by IP or by host name ? Does name resolve
to correct IP if the latter ?

  Do you have any /etc/hosts.[allow, deny] files on either machine?

 etc ..

[PS please post to the list not me]