Networking problem

Nick Urbanik nicku at nicku.org
Sun May 15 00:28:02 UTC 2011

Dear JD,

On 14/05/11 06:36 -0700, JD wrote:
>On my F14, I am running a firewall that accepts specific connection
>on specific ports from some machines on the LAN.
>
>However, for one machine I made a general rule to accept all connections:
>
>-A INPUT -s 192.168.1.60 -j ACCEPT

The -A means *append*.  It is added to the INPUT chain *after* all the
other rules.  If any rule has previously rejected the connection,
adding further rules afterwards will not help.

I would *insert* the rule at the beginning of the chain with a command
like this:

iptables -I INPUT -s 192.168.1.60 -j ACCEPT
Nick Urbanik             http://nicku.org           nicku at nicku.org