Thunderbird address book recovery(Solved)

Mark LaPierre marklapier at aol.com
Mon May 16 01:04:27 UTC 2011

On 05/15/2011 09:19 AM, Jon Ingason wrote:
> 2011-05-15 14:52, Mark LaPierre skrev:

>>>      On a related note - you can use gcontactsync to share with google
>>> contacts - works well ... and adds another backup ...
>>>
>>>       You can also export your address book to LDIF format for safekeeping.
>>
>> After a careful analysis of the items on the Thunderbird menus I see no
>> export option for the address book.  What method do you propose for
>> exporting the address book in LDIF format?
>>

> If you open the Addressbook under Tools then you find it under Tools in
> Addressbook menus

I found it.  I chose to export it as a tab separated file.  Thanks for
the help.

See, remember to make backups often.  There's no excuse for not doing it
when you can set it up as a chron job were the backup will happen
unattended with no input from Joe User.  Without my backup this minor
incident would have been a serious pain.

--
    °v°
   /(_)\
    ^ ^  Mark LaPierre
Registerd Linux user No #267004
www.counter.li.org
****
In a free world without fences, who needs gates.
**
Help Microsoft stamp out piracy - give Linux to a friend today.
**
To mess up a Linux box, you need to work at it.
To mess up an MS Windows box, you just need to *look* at it.
**
learn linux:
'HowtoForge' http://howtoforge.com/
****