I Installed gcc using yum install gcc, Where can I find the Header files Declarations

Bryn M. Reeves bmr at redhat.com
Mon May 16 14:20:20 UTC 2011

On 05/14/2011 06:26 AM, Varuna Seneviratna wrote:
> , Where can I find the Header files Declarations
> eg:- limits.h, float.h
> Edit/Delete Message

Further to the other helpful replies although gcc provides float.h (it's a
compiler header) the other file you mention is provied by the C library, libc
(glibc on most Linux systems). On Fedora this is in the glibc-headers package
and it contains many of the commonly used interfaces:

$ rpm -qf /usr/include/limits.h
glibc-headers-2.13.90-9.x86_64

$ rpm -ql $(rpm -qf /usr/include/limits.h ) | grep \
  '/usr/include/[[:alpha:]]*\.h$' | wc -l
100

$ rpm -ql $(rpm -qf /usr/include/limits.h ) | grep \
  '/usr/include/[[:alpha:]]*\.h$'
/usr/include/aio.h
/usr/include/aliases.h
/usr/include/alloca.h