Accident, deleted .config

Michael Schwendt mschwendt at gmail.com
Mon May 16 17:18:44 UTC 2011

On Mon, 16 May 2011 13:09:03 -0400, BG wrote:

>         I managed to delete .config which takes out a large group of
>         directories. I can boot the computer but can't run X.

Why not?

>         I am about to re-install F-14 out of desperation unless someone
>         knows a way to repair the damage. It will be a few weeks before
>         F-15  will be available and I would like to keep that computer
>         working until then.
>
>         Any suggestion, what to do next?

Boot into a non-X run-level, create a fresh user account, use that
one. It will start with an empty ~/.config/ btw.

Reinstalling F-14 would not "repair the damage", because it wouldn't
touch your user's ~/.config. Repairing the broken account would need to
start with finding out what error you get.