Quicktime Demuxer Plugin for Firefox

fred smith fredex at fcshome.stoneham.ma.us
Mon May 16 17:37:58 UTC 2011

On Mon, May 16, 2011 at 09:43:13PM +0930, Tim wrote:
> On Sun, 2011-05-15 at 18:47 -0700, JD wrote:
> > I checked out the add-ons for firefox, and did not
> > find among them an add-on that let me play
> > streams in the browser that need quicktime
> > demuxer.
>
> Having mplayer as a plug in ought to be able to play them.  If I recall
> correctly, mplayer can handle quicktime.

to butt in here: I have mplayer as a firefox plugin and it in turn
plays quicktimes well, but it won't play the one the OP mentions.
I get a Mplayer screen with no video or audio.

I was somewhat surprised, in fact. Wonder if VLC will play it?
I hate to mess with my Firefox configuration (as in: if it ain't broke,
don't fix it) to find out. anyone else have a chance to try VLC?

Fred
                       I can do all things through Christ
                              who strengthens me.