Quicktime Demuxer Plugin for Firefox

JD jd1008 at gmail.com
Tue May 17 04:06:12 UTC 2011

On 05/16/11 20:55, James McKenzie wrote:
> On 5/16/11 8:45 PM, JD wrote:
>> On 05/16/11 20:38, g wrote:
>>> On 05/16/2011 01:47 AM, JD wrote:
>>> <>

>>> jd,
>>>
>>> there is no firefox plugin to work.
>>>

>>> "dat site be one of dem dat be ms bs only."
>>>

>>> when i first tried site, i had to do some enabling of NoScript to get
>>> to a point where i got a screen showing i needed an Xvid codec.
>>>
>>> when i clicked 'download', i got a window;
>>>
>>> ++++
>>>      The page at http://www.mymovieninja.com says:
>>>
>>>      We're sorry, our content is not compatible with your computer configuration.
>>> ++++
>>>

>>> i then closed out page, and tried;
>>>
>>>      "Tools>    Default User Agent>    Internet Explorer 7 (Windows Vista)"
>>>
>>> reopened page and clicked 'download' for the Xvid codec, then a window
>>> came up with;
>>>
>>> ++++
>>>       Opening XvidSetup.exe
>>>
>>>       You have chosen to open
>>>
>>>         XvidSetup.exe
>>>
>>>         which is a: EXE file
>>>         from http://origin-ics.clickpotatp.tv
>>>
>>>       Would you like to save this file?
>>>
>>>                      [Cancel] [Save File]
>>> ++++
>>>
>>> from which i would say, forget about that site as it is an ms windows only
>>> site. unless you can run an ms system from a virtual memory program.
>>>

>>> hth.
>> Great detective work! :)
>> Well, if that's what they want to be accessed by, guess I will
>> have to try to browse there using wine and ie  made for wine.
>>

> JD:
>
> And if it does not work with Wine, without IE7, let the Wine folks know.
>
> Firefox for Windows should work in Wine.
>
> James McKenzie

Yeah.. will do.
I think the guys at wineHQ are really trying hard - but there is
not a whole lot they can do with a closed system. What they have
done so far is actually great.

Also, I am unable to bring up my AR5008 under windows, because
none of the drivers I have gotten from the web work well. All of them
keep trying to switch to 802.11 n, but the router has no such
capability (it is a g router). So, I can only use Linux.