What F15 Repos should I have enabled.

Anthony Irven Scott anthonyscott at comcen.com.au
Tue May 17 12:46:34 UTC 2011

On Tue, 17 May 2011 09:01:34 PM Michael Schwendt wrote:
> On Tue, 17 May 2011 20:44:47 +1000, AIS wrote:
> > What F15 Repos should I have enabled at this stage of the upgrade
> > process?
> > I just checked and I have:
> > Fedora 15 -i386
> > RPM Fusion for Fedora Rawhide -Free
> > RPM Fusion for Fedora Rawhide -Nonfree
> > Fedora 15 -i386 -Updates
> >
> > Could someone point me in the right direction please.
>
> The output of "yum repolist" would be more helpful because of the "status"
> column.
>
> Anyway, most likely you want to enable the "Updates" repos for "RPM Fusion
> for Fedora 15" to match the "Free" and "Nonfree" repos you have enabled.
> e.g. /etc/yum.repos.d/rpmfusion-free-updates.repo  and the same for
> -nonfree-.
>
> The "Rawhide" repos should get disabled eventually. Either automatically
> when RPM Fusion publishes an "rpmfusion-free-release" package that does
> this prior to the release of Fedora 15 final. Or manually, so you don't
> get any packages for Fedora 16 development when RPM Fusion starts offering
> those. Currently, they still use their Rawhide repos for Fedora 15
> development (whereas Fedora's Rawhide is Fedora 16 development already).
I did a yum repolist and here are the results:
repo id                      repo name                                  status
adobe-linux-i386             Adobe Systems Incorporated                     18
fedora                       Fedora 15 - i386                           19,365
google-chrome                google-chrome                                   3
rpmfusion-free-rawhide       RPM Fusion for Fedora Rawhide - Free          560
rpmfusion-nonfree-rawhide    RPM Fusion for Fedora Rawhide - Nonfree       252
updates                      Fedora 15 - i386 - Updates                      0
repolist: 20,198