Protected WLAN

JD jd1008 at gmail.com
Tue May 17 16:20:48 UTC 2011

On 05/17/11 08:39, Joe Zeff wrote:
> On 05/17/2011 08:21 AM, JD wrote:
>> I would select wpa2-personal, and select AES Encryption.
>> Be sure that you create a passphrase that is 64 characters.
>> and is made of a random string of printable characters.
>>
> Just out of curiosity, how would a phrase in a language that's not
> natively written in the Latin alphabet do?  As examples, Chinese,
> Korean, Russian or Hebrew?  (The frequency count of the letters depends,
> in that case, on what system of transliteration you use and in any
> event, will be different from English if that matters.)
Good question. You have to ask a computer
geek who speaks that language :)

But seriously, just about all languages have
an alphabet and they use computer with the
locale set to that alphbet. Probably some alphabets
are coded in UTF8 and others in UTF16.
So I am sure you can select a string from your
native alphabet.