Protected WLAN

JD jd1008 at gmail.com
Tue May 17 17:39:00 UTC 2011

On 05/17/11 09:30, Misha Shnurapet wrote:
> 18.05.2011, 00:21, "JD"<jd1008 at gmail.com>:
>> I would select wpa2-personal, and select AES Encryption.
>> Be sure that you create a passphrase that is 64 characters.
>> and is made of a random string of printable characters.
> Checking WPA2... done.
> Checking AES... done.
> A passphrase of 63 mixed case letters and special symbols and a notebook and a pencil worked fine.
>
> 18.05.2011, 00:39, "Joe Zeff"<joe at zeff.us>:
>> Just out of curiosity, how would a phrase in a language that's not
>> natively written in the Latin alphabet do?
> It didn't work at all. I mean it didn't even take it as a setting.

You understand that both the access point and the computer
have to have the same settings?
i.e. wpa2-psk, AES and the same 63 character string as the
passphrase.

And is you router using MAC address filtering to grant access?
If so, you will need to add the MAC address of your computer to
the "allow" list on the router.