Protected WLAN

JD jd1008 at gmail.com
Wed May 18 05:04:49 UTC 2011

On 05/17/11 21:15, Kevin J. Cummings wrote:
> On 05/17/2011 11:36 PM, JD wrote:
>> TKIP is the feeble one.
>> Two researchers in Japan busted TKIP in less  than one minute
>> using an ordinary PC.
> You are correct.  I just went and looked at my wireless router, and I'm
> using AES.  I remember hearing about how feeble TKIP was 4 years ago,
> and immediately switched protocols on my home router from TKIP to AES.
>   B^/  I just couldn't remember which was which.
>
> I'm waiting for the next level new security that is unbreakable before
> buying my next new home wireless router.   B^)

I do not think there is one, nor will there be one
(for public use).
The gov would not allow it's dissemination, and
for good reason: can you imagine how easily it
would be taken advantage of by criminals to
cause damage? Perhaps there already are so
called "ubreakable" methods being used by
criminals, spies, ...etc. I don't really know.

All the "allowed" methods that you can access,
download and use, can be easily broken
by the gov/nsa.  So, I gave up on the notion
of unbreakable wifi protection long before wifi
  was so wide spread.