bios update

Bruno Wolff III bruno at wolff.to
Wed May 18 18:16:42 UTC 2011

On Wed, May 18, 2011 at 10:55:24 -0300,
  Sebastian <sebas0 at gmail.com> wrote:

> I have a single boot FC14 system on a Dell precision M6500 precision
> notebook and wish to update the BIOS.
>
> I go to the Dell download site, and for my machine select the closest match
> to my operating system: RH Enterprise Linux 5.
> This gives me the only option to download an EXE file: "M6500A06.EXE"

You probably want to use bios disk. You can get source or rpms at:
http://linux.dell.com/biosdisk/

There are instructions on how to use this tool for various ways of doing
the flash at:
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/DellBIOS

One of the options allows you to choose flashing from the grub menu. You
don't need Windows installed nor a floppy drive.